Some of the world’s most respected business and technology leaders, from Warren Buffett and Marc Benioff to Cisco and IDC, have publicly championed the potent combination of data ethics and trust as the #1 competitive advantage for every business.
And that one-two combo can also help prevent and mitigate data breaches. According to Cognizant’s groundbreaking 2016 study The Business Value of Trust:
“Trust has become the new battleground for digital success. To win, organizations need to master the fundamentals of data ethics. Companies that earn consumer trust will be better suited to weather the inevitable — and yes, they are inevitable — data and policy breaches.”
Our Data Ethics in the Workplace training program is a first of its kind and could be one of the most important webinars your employees ever attend. That's because data ethics touches on everything that’s important to any business or workplace – brand, reputation, leadership, trustworthiness, sales, customer acquisition, customer loyalty, hiring and retention, workplace harmony, and perhaps most of all, breach prevention and mitigation.
Topics covered will include:
- What is data ethics and why does it matter now more than ever?
- The economic power and competitive advantage offered by data ethics.
- Data ethics and trust, and the benefits they can unleash when combined.
- The business case for using data ethically.
- Applying data ethics to the lifecycle of data.
- Using data ethics to prevent and mitigate security and data breaches.
- DEED - Data Ethics Every Day. Simple ways to practice data ethics in the workplace.
Data Ethics in the Workplace is available in three formats:
- As a live and on-demand webinar, approximately 60 minutes.
- As a collection of short online video lessons.
- As a live, on-location workshop, 1 or 2 hours.
Meet Your Instructor
Neal O'Farrell is an award-winning security and privacy expert who has spent nearly four decades in the global trust business. He's also one of the first experts to champion the value and importance of data ethics as part of every employee security awareness and breach prevention program. Meet him.
DATA ETHICS NEWS
"Data ethics should almost certainly be placed on business school courses." (The Financial Times, July 2019)
As FTC cracks down, data ethics is now a strategic business weapon (TechCrunch, July 2019)
Is an ethical data framework the only way to rebuild consumer trust? (The Drum, July 2019)